JUAN MANUEL CORCHADO
(15 May 1971, Salamanca, Spain) Professor at the University of Salamanca, Director of the BISITE research group (Bioinformatics, Intelligent Systems and Educational Technology) and President of the AIR Institute. Director of the IOT Digital Innovation Hub, President of the AIR Institute, and Principal Investigator of the Project funded by DIGIS3 (Digital Innovation Hub of Castilla y León). J. M. Corchado is also Visiting Professor at the Osaka Institute of Technology and Visiting Professor at the Universiti Malaysia Kelantan.
He has been Vice-Rector for Research from 2013 to 2017 and Director of the Science Park of the University of Salamanca. Twice elected as Dean of the Faculty of Science, he has been president of the IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Association, and academic coordinator of the University Institute for Research in Art and Technology of Animation at the University of Salamanca and researcher at the Universities of Paisley (UK), Vigo (Spain) and Plymouth Marine Laboratory (UK). He has also been a member of the Advisory Group on Online Terrorist Propaganda of the European Counter Terrorism Centre (EUROPOL) and has been a visiting professor at the University of Technology Malaysia.
Juan M. Corchado holds a PhD in Artificial Intelligence from the University of the West of Scotland, a PhD in Computer Science from the University of Salamanca. D. in Computer Science from the University of Salamanca, BSc. (Hons) in Software Engineering from the University of Paisley (UK) and Diploma in Computer Science from the University of Salamanca.
He currently combines all his activity with the direction of several degrees at the University of Salamanca: Smart Cities & Intelligent Buildings, Master in Blockchain, Master in Internet Security, Master in Digital Animation, Master in Internet of Things, Master in 3D Design and Printing, and Master in Digital Transformation and his work as editor-in-chief of the journals ADCAIJ (Advances in Distributed Computing and Artificial Intelligence Journal), and Electronics MDPI (Computer Science & Engineering section).
He mainly develops work on projects related to Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Fintech, Blockchain, Cybersecurity, IoT, Fog Computing, Edge Computing, Smart Cities, Smart Grids, Bioinformatics, Neuroscience and Sentiment Analysis.
He is also:
- Member of the NVIDIA Advisory board focused on Generative AI (SANTA CLARA, CALIFORNIA).
Full member of the Royal Academy of Medicine of Salamanca.
- Trustee of the AstraZeneca Foundation.
- Independent Director of Neurofix Pharma.
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the GADEA Foundation for Science (ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY Knowledge Area).
- Member of the Technical Commission of the National Wine Platform.
- President of the Academic Council of the Fundación de la Comunidad Valenciana Escuela Valenciana de Postgrado y Red de Investigación en Inteligencia Artificial (ValgrAI), of the Generalitat Valenciana.
- Member of the Technical Committee (Salamanca) of the Spanish Association Against Cancer.