THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 15th
Morning Sessions (Auditorium)
- 8:30h. - 9:30h. Reception and registration of participants.
- 9:00h. - 10:30h. Opening Ceremony: Institutional Commitment to create a full inclusive university.
- PEDRO DUQUE. Spanish Minister of Science, Innovation and Universities. (pending confirmation)
- MARIANO JABONERO. General Secretary of the Organization of Ibero-American States for Education, Science and Culture (OEI).
- MIGUEL ANGEL COLLADO. Vice President of the Conference of Principals of Spanish Universities (CRUE) and Rector of University of Castilla-La Mancha.
- LUIS CAYO PÉREZ BUENO. President of the Spanish Committee of Representatives of Persons with Disabilities (CERMI).
- ALBERTO DURÁN. EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF THE ONCE FOUNDATION.
- 10:30h. - 11:30h. Opening Conference.
- Dr Gordon Porter. Academic and director of Inclusive Education Canada.
- Introduced by: Patricia Sanz Cameo. Vice President of the ONCE Foundation.
- 11:30h. - 12:00h. Coffee Break. Open Space. Networking.
- 12:00h. - 13:15h. Roundtable and Discussion: "INTERNATIONAL NETWORKS FOR INCLUSIVE EDUCATION"
- Ann Heelan. Executive Director of AHEAD. Association for Higher Education Access and Disability. IRELAND.
- Sandra Lea Katz. Latin American and Caribbian University Network on Disability and Human Rights. National University of La Plata. ARGENTINA.
- Klaus Lachwitz. European Disability Forum. GERMANY.
- Moderator: Frances Gentle. President of ICEVI. AUSTRALIA.
- 13:15h. - 14:30h. Roundtable. "THE POWER OF EDUCATION: UNIVERSITY LEADERS, SUCCESS STORIES"
- Javier García Pajares. Degree in Law and Business and Management Administration. Legal Advisor of ILUNION, Madrid, SPAIN.
- Enrique Pérez Montero. Ph.D. in Astrophysics. Associate Scientist, Spanish National Research Council (CSIC).
- Sylvia Valdezate Ramos. Researcher at Spanish National Microbiology Centre of the Institute of Health Carlos III.
- Samuel Wunsch. Institute for Inclusive Education. Kiel University. GERMANY.
- Moderator: Juan Antonio Ledesma. Journalist.
- 14:30h. - 15:30h. Lunch // Networking. Open Space.
IN PARALLEL (Poster Space)
- 13:30h. - 15:30h. "POSTER SPACE".
- INFORMATION IN-DEPTH AND EXHIBITION OF EXPERIENCES, REFLECTIONS AND CASE STUDIES.
- There will be 5 minutes of presentation and 5 minutes of questions for each timeslot.
EVENING SESSIONS (Auditorium)
- 15:30h. - 17:00h. Roundtable and Discussion: "HANDLING DIVERSITY IN THE UNIVERSITY: ACCESSIBILITY, CURRICULAR ADAPTATIONS, INTERNALIZATION, INCLUSIVE SPORT AND GOOD PRACTICES."
- Maria de la Consolación Velaz de Medrano Ureta. Director General of Territorial Evaluation and Cooperation. Spanish Ministry of Education and Vocational Training. SPAIN.
- Cynthia Duk. Professor at the Central University of Chile and Director of Development and Innovation Center in Inclusive Education. CHILE.
- Angela Alcalá. Responsible for the diversity group at the CRUE, Student Affairs. SPAIN.
- Maria Cifuentes. Peruvian University of Applied Sciences. PERU.
- Raúl Reina. Professor of adapted physical education. Head of Classification at International Federation of Boccia and Cerebral Palsy Football. President of the Commission on Classification of the Spanish Paralympic Committee.
- Moderator: Gerardo Echeita. Professor of Evolutionary Psychological Science and member of Educación Inclusiva Consortium. Autonomous University of Madrid.
- 17:00h. - 18:00h. Roundtable: "TRANSITION FROM UNIVERSITY TO ENTREPRENEURSHIP OR EMPLOYMENT"
- Carlos Rebate. Writer. SPAIN.
- Sonia Viñas. Director of the Universia Foundation. SPAIN.
- Gerardo Monsiavais. Social Entrepreneur. Inventor of the App Dilo En Señas. MEXICO.
- Sara Minkara. Founder and CEO of Empowerment Through Integration (ETI). UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
- Moderator: Sabina Lobato. Director of Employment. The ONCE Foundation.
2. Room 8. 1st Floor.
- 17:00h. - 18:00h. Roundtable: "TECHNOLOGY AND DIGITALIZATION, KEY ALLIES FOR THE INCLUSIVE EDUCATION OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES"
- Mª Satur Torre Calero. Director General of Vodafone Foundation.
- José Manuel Álvarez. Professor of Computer Sciences. University of Puerto Rico. Creator of the Website Manolo.net.
- Antonio Pérez. Professor and Expert in Educational Accessibility. University of Murcia. SPAIN.
- Moderator: Jesús Hernández. Director of Accessibility at the ONCE Foundation.
- 20:00h. Cultural Activity.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 16TH
SPACE ROOMS: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and THEATRE ROOM
- 09:00h. - 11:30h. Work Groups. Presentation of Papers.
Schedule WT 1. WT 2. WT 3. WT 4. WT 5. WT 6. 09:00h. / 11:30 h. Good practices of inclusive Universities. Universal Accessibility. Employment and Entrepreneurship. Transitioning from University to the workplace. Handling Diversity. Regulatory frameworks, evaluation and University quality. Scientific and technological advances for inclusion. University experiences related to persons with intellectual disabilities. Introduced and Moderated by: Humberto Rodríguez. Expert in inclusive education. Mexico. Celeste Asensi. University of Valencia. Introduced and Moderated by: Alejandro Rodríguez. University of Oviedo. Maribel Campo. University of Salamanca. Introduced and Moderated by: Mª Teresa Fernández. Royal Board on Disability. Ana Ruíz. ONCE. Introduced and Moderated by: Esperanza Alcaín. UGR. Pilar Villarino. CERMI. Introduced and Moderated by: Dani Guash. UPC. Pilar Dotras. Ramón Lull University. Introduced and Moderated by: Antonio L. Martínez Pujalte. UMH. Rosa Díaz. University Pablo de Olavide. Papers and discussion Papers and discussion Papers and discussion Papers and discussion Papers and discussion Papers and discussion
- 11:30h. - 12:00h. Coffee Break.
- Informal spaces for Networking
- 12:00h. - 12:30h. "INCLUSION AS AN ELEMENT OF EXCELENCE: QUALITY EVALUATION".
- José Mª Nyssen. Area of Strategic Quality Planning. ANECA.
- Moderator: María Tussy. Director of European Programs. The ONCE Foundation.
- 12.30 h. - 13.30h. Roundtable: "FUTURE CHALLENGES AND PENDING ISSUES. ACCESS TO UNIVERSITIES FOR PERSONS WITH INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES" Experiences.
- Stephanie Smitch Lee. Educational consultant. United States of America.
- Lola Izuzquiza. Director of the program PROMENTOR. Autonomous University of Madrid.
- Jan Wulf Schnabel. Director of the Institute for Inclusive Education. Kiel University. GERMANY.
- Emiliano Díaz. Professor of Psychology. University of Salamanca. SPAIN.
- Moderator: Eva Sotomayor. Professor at the University of Jaen. Database Director at the Centre of Sociological Research (CIS).
- 13:30h. - 14:00h. Closing Act.
- Catalina Devandas. The UN Special Repporteur on rights of persons with disabilities.
- 14:00h. - 14:30h. Reading of the 4th International Congress University and Disability Manifest.
Awards for the best paper presented in each group and the best posters.
- 14:30h. Lunch/Farewell Networking